2023 Yamaha MT-09 SP Top Speed, Specs, Price, Mileage, Horsepower, Review, Seat Height, Weight, Images, Overview
The Yamaha MT-09 SP motorcycle is equipped with an 890cc liquid-cooled three-cylinder, DOHC, four-valve-per-cylinder fuel-injected (YCC-T) engine with a downdraft intake. The bore × stroke of 78 mm × 62.1 mm and 11.5:1 compression ratio deliver excellent torque with strong power delivery features.
In addition, almost all of the Yamaha MT-09 SP motorcycle fundamental parts of the engine, from the pistons and connecting rods to the crankshaft, camshafts and crankcase, have all been redesigned with a weight reduction—the combination of enhanced combustion efficiency and lighter weight results in outstanding fuel efficiency of 49 MPG.
The Yamaha MT-09 SP KYB® front suspension can be separately adjusted on each side for compression and rebound damping. Adjustments for high and low-speed compression damping can also be made, providing riders with more detailed settings to select from.
The 41mm inner tubes’ DLC coating delivers exceptional sliding characteristics and enhances the exterior’s quality build. The Yamaha MT-09 SP’s rear shock features a premium Öhlins® shock absorber with a remote preload adjuster, finishing this class-leading suspension package.
The Yamaha MT-09 SP motorcycle features a cruise control system for comfortable, relaxed riding. Yamaha MT-09 SP Cruise control can be set at least 31 mph (or 50 kph) and in 4th gear or higher. After the cruise speed is set, the speed can be increased or decreased in increments of 2 kph1 (or 1 mph) with single switch pushes or by constantly holding down the switch. Cancel the cruise control by braking or using the clutch or the throttle. The “Resume” function reengages the system and returns the motorcycle to its previous set speed.
The Yamaha MT-09 SP motorcycle features unique colours and graphics, a distinguished seat cover with contrasting stitching, a stylish, clear-coated silver swingarm and clear-smoked front and rear brake fluid reservoirs that bring out the motorcycle’s pure mechanical looks.
Together, these features showcase the Yamaha MT-09 SP’s high-quality, exclusive look among the Yamaha MT lineup while linking the bike to the colorway found only on the Yamaha YZF-R1M. In addition, the handlebars, levers, and drive sprocket are a sleek black to complement the Yamaha MT-09 SP’s design further to provide the rider with the feeling of being one with the machine.
The Yamaha MT-09 SP’s 3.5-inch full-colour TFT display features a bar-type tachometer that varies colours as rpm rises or falls, a clock displaying water temperature, remaining fuel, average mileage, and air temperature a gearshift indicator (colour reversed for gear in use). Effortlessly switch between displays and information with the handlebar switches.
Yamaha Super Tenere ES Key Specs
|Engine Type:||890cc liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline 3-cylinder; 4 valves per cylinder|
|Transmission:||6-speed; multiplate assist and slipper clutch|
|L x W x H:||82.3 in x 31.3 in x 46.9 in|
|Seat Height:||32.5 in|
|Fuel Capacity:||3.7 gal|
|Fuel Economy**:||49 MPG|
|Wet Weight***:||419 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
You May Also like to Check:
2023 Yamaha MT-09 SP Price
➥ Price Starting at $11,499* Destination Charge: $475 Freight Surcharge: $375*****
Powerful 890cc Liquid-Cooled Three-Cylinder DOHC Fuel-Injected Engine
- The Yamaha MT-09 SP features the renowned 890cc liquid-cooled CP3 engine.
- Bore and stroke of 78 mm × 62.1 mm and an 11.5:1 compression ratio provide excellent torque with thrilling power delivery characteristics.
- The combination of excellent combustion efficiency and lightweight results in an amazing 49 MPG.
Lightweight Forged Pistons
- The Yamaha MT-09 SP lightweight forged pistons allow for smooth, high-revving power.
Symmetrical Muffler with Dual Outlets
- The muffler on the Yamaha MT-09 SP contributes to a lower overall weight and mass centralization and delivers a low-frequency exhaust note at low speeds.
- The exhaust tailpipes are left-right symmetrical, which directs sound pressure to both sides of the machine, creating an exhaust note that produces a sense of torque for the rider.
- The Yamaha MT-09 SP stainless steel header pipes have different curvatures and lengths for an excellent pulse effect.
Optimized Transmission Ratios
- The Yamaha MT-09 SP transmission ratios have been optimized, with the gear ratios for 1st and 2nd gear slightly higher than on the previous generation Yamaha MT-09s (1st gear: from 2.666 to 2.571; 2nd gear: from 2.000 to 1.947).
- Working in combination with the improved momentum of inertia of the crankshaft and the fuel injection settings, the transmission delivers the right balance of a powerful torque feeling and ease of use, from acceleration to stop.
Lightweight Aluminum Frame
- The Yamaha MT-09 SP’s lightweight aluminum frame showcases the MT’s signature “agility.” To ensure straight-line stability and handling performance, lateral, longitudinal, and torsional rigidity balance has been improved.
- Most notably, the lateral rigidity has been increased by around 50% for even more straight-line stability.
- The frame is manufactured using the latest in Yamaha’s controlled filling die-casting technology, contributing to the Yamaha MT-09 SP’s lightweight.
Premium KYB® & Öhlins® Suspension
- The Yamaha MT-09 SP’s KYB® front suspension can be individually adjusted on each side for compression and rebound damping.
- Adjustments for high and low-speed compression damping can also be made, providing riders more detailed settings to select from.
- The 41mm inner tubes’ DLC coating provides excellent sliding characteristics and adds to the exterior’s quality appearance.
- The Yamaha MT-09 SP’s rear shock features a premium Öhlins® shock absorber with a remote preload adjuster, finishing this class-leading suspension package.
Advanced Six-Axis IMU
- The Yamaha MT-09 SP features an advanced six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit that retains the base performance of proven IMU in the Yamaha YZF-R1 but is 50% smaller and 40% lighter due to a thorough review of the sensor layout.
- The engine control unit that receives and reflects the data from the IMU is equipped with three rider aids: a Slide Control System (SCS), Traction Control System (TCS), and a front-wheel LIFt control system (LIF).
- All three systems work together to help the rider concentrate on riding to extract the machine’s potential better.
- Each of the systems can also be turned on or off and have their levels of intervention adjusted to preference.
- With this best-in-class electronic control technology, the Yamaha MT-09 gives you ultimate control in varying weather and surface conditions.
- The Yamaha MT-09 SP features a cruise control system for easy riding. Cruise control can be set when going at least 50 kph (or31 mph) and in 4th gear or higher.
- After the cruise speed is set, the speed can be increased or decreased in increments of 1 mph (or two kph) with a single push of the switch or by continuously holding down the switch.
- Cancel the cruise control by braking or using the clutch or the throttle.
- The “Resume” function reengages the system and returns the motorcycle to its previous set speed.
Yamaha MT-09 SP Top Speed
➥Top Speed: 136.7 mph (Est.)
Yamaha MT-09 SP Mileage
➥Mileage: 49 MPG
Yamaha MT-09 SP Seat Height
➥Seat Height: 32.5 in
Yamaha MT-09 SP Weight
➥Weight: 419 lb
Yamaha MT-09 SP Horsepower
➥Horsepower: 117 Hp
Yamaha MT-09 SP Fuel Capacity
➥Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal
Yamaha MT-09 SP Specs
|Engine Type||890cc liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline 3-cylinder; 4 valves per cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||78.0mm x 62.1mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel injection with YCC-T|
|Transmission||6-speed; multiplate assist and slipper clutch|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Suspension / Front||41mm KYB® inverted fork, adjustable preload, high/low speed compression and rebound; 5.1-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Öhlins® single shock, adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping; 4.8-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual 298mm hydraulic disc; ABS|
|Brakes / Rear||245mm hydraulic disc; ABS|
|Tires / Front||120/70ZR17M/C|
|Tires / Rear||180/55ZR17M/C|
|L x W x H||82.3 in x 31.3 in x 46.9 in|
|Seat Height||32.5 in|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||25.0°|
|Maximum Ground Clearance||5.5 in|
|Fuel Capacity||3.7 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||49 MPG|
|Wet Weight||419 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
Yamaha MT-09 SP Review Video
You May Also Like To Check:
- Honda CRF50F
- Honda CRF110F
- Honda CRF125F
- Honda CRF125F Big Wheel
- Honda CRF150F
- Honda CRF230F
- Honda CRF250X
- Honda crf450x
I hope you guys like this post about Yamaha MT-09 SP Motorcycle Price, Specs Features Images, but if you have any problem regarding this post, then please comment below in the comment box, and I will try to solve it. Thanks for visiting our site.
- 1 2023 Yamaha MT-09 SP Top Speed, Specs, Price, Mileage, Horsepower, Review, Seat Height, Weight, Images, Overview
- 2 2023 Yamaha MT-09 SP Price
- 3 Yamaha MT-09 SP Top Speed
- 4 Yamaha MT-09 SP Specs
- 5 Yamaha MT-09 SP Review Video